Welcome Ela 8 Mrs. Giesler
A little about myself
After 17 years of teaching in the district, I think of Illini Central as my home. My teaching career began in Easton in 7th Grade Language Arts.
I am married. My husband, Lance, is a teacher and coach in the Havana school district. We have three wonderful children: Trace, a sophomore; Rilee, fifth grade; and Maddux, our busy two-year old boy. In my free time, when I am not traveling to my kids' sporting events, I enjoy cooking, shopping, and watching the Cubs (which has be much more enjoyable this year).
I enjoy watching my students grow, not just taller, but also in their abilities to read, write, and speak confidently.I look forward to a great year with our 8th grade students. Please don't hesitate to call or email if you have any questions or concerns about class or a student.
Students are required to independently read one book per quarter for a book report. All third quarter book reports are due no later than March 3. Books for third quarter book reports must be fiction. Please encourage your child to read his/her book and and complete the book report project as soon as possible. I don't encourage waiting until the last minute. There is a link to the project ideas at the top of my web page.
**We will be watching The Outsiders next week. All students must have a permission slip signed and returned in order to watch the movie. These permission slips have be distributed and must be returned no later than Monday, January 9.
Weekly Lesson Plans Week of: Jan. 4- 6
- Third quarter book report- fiction-
- Housekeeping from 2nd quarter- missing work, grades, etc..
- Finish The Outsiders novel and workbook pages for Chapters 11-12
- Movie permission slip - due No later than Monday
- Finish The Outsiders workbook pages
- Begin Part One of Final Assessment
- Movie permission slip due Monday
- Part Two of The Outsiders Final assessment
- All Outsiders work completed and turned in by 3:00
- Movie permission slip due today.