MRS. BaIley's Homepage
1st hour- 8:00-8:46-Progress Monitoring
2nd hour- 8:49-9:35- Int. US History & Government
3rd hour- 9:35-10:24- Math
4th hour- 10:27-11:13- Advisory
5th hour- 11:16-12:02-Prep
6th hour- 12:35-1:22- Int. Computers/Resource Mang.
7th hour- 1:25-2:11- Int. Government/Civics
8th hour-2:14-3:00- Int. English 4
If you have any questions or concerns the best time to reach me would be after school or during my prep time. You can reach me at email@example.com or the number here at the school is 217-482-5180.
Hopefully all students brought home my classroom expectations to share with their parents but just in case, I thought that I would include them here.
Welcome to my class! We will cover a broad range of skills in all the classes that I am teaching this year.
Student Expectations… I expect students to come to class ready to work hard and learn each day. Being prepared is the first part of this. The student is responsible for bringing his/her agenda or passbook, (this must be carried to all classes) paper, pens/pencils, and a folder/binder to keep work and other important papers in. Please make sure to have and also replenish school supplies throughout the year. This makes things much easier for all of us.
My grading Scale…
Upon entering the room… Students will follow a daily routine.
Upon leaving the room…
Make sure that all things you may have borrowed are put away and your area is left clean.
Late Work… A small amount of homework work will be given on occasion. I do give students quite a bit of time to work in class on these assignments. They should not have large amounts of homework at night unless they are not using class time wisely. Please make sure to have your work completed nightly. If homework is not completed the student will have consequences.
Make-up Work… If a student is absent from school, I will have work for them in a file folder when they return. The student is responsible for getting that work from me (or asking for it if it is not in the folder), finishing it, and returning it within the amount of time stated in the student handbook. Assignments can also be picked up in the office when a child is going to be absent for an extended amount of time.
1. Cell phones should be put on vibrate or shut off when you walk into class. Having a cell phone go off or using a cell phone during class will result in having the phone taken away until the end of the day. If this becomes a problem the phone will be taken to the office and will result in the parent having to pick it up.
2. All language used should be appropriate while in the classroom. Name calling, swearing, or taunting will not be tolerated. Students should always be respectful and even kind toward peers, as well as, teachers.
3. No food or drinks are allowed in the classroom. Water in clear water bottles and if the teacher provides the food (or has okayed it ahead of time) are the only exceptions.
4. The classroom is not your locker. Make sure to take all belongings with you when you leave class. Things left behind will be taken to the lost and found.
5. You are expected to bring all necessary materials to class with you. This includes books, pens/pencils, paper, folders, calculators and any other materials that you might be working with or on. Be prepared and ready to learn!!
6. Make it to class on time. Being late to class will result in consequences that can get worse if tardiness becomes a problem.
7. Be in your seat when the bell rings! You should be working at your seat at that time.
8. Bring a book/magazine to read to all of my classes. If you finish your work early then you have something to keep you busy.
Consequences could include…
Meeting with the Teacher… I truly want every child to succeed in my class. If there are any needs or concerns regarding your child, feel free to contact me at 217-482-5180 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I am very willing to work with you and your child.
Let’s Have a Wonderful Year!